I'm trying something new today, and participating in the Five for Friday linky with Doodle Bugs. If you have any tips for me about this linky, please let me know. (Please note, it was a CRAZY busy week, so only a few pictures will be featured. The rest are all from Google Images.)
1) We are continuing to work through our math Investigations curriculum. We have been working with 100, adding up to it and subtracting from it. Here you can see one of the games the kids played this week.
|To play this game, students first covered the game board with 100 cubes. They rolled 2 dice or number cubes to determine how many cubes to take away. After each turn, students said how many cubes were still on the board. |
2) We have been studying weather and seasons in science. Students made a poster this week that illustrated what each season looks like outdoors, which months fell in each season, what a person might wear in each season, and a typical activity for each season. My girls made me laugh because we decided that they could wear "tasteful" swimsuits for their summer pictures.
3) With all of this beautiful spring weather in Texas, the only drawback has made its appearance. Seasonal allergies. When I have what I fondly refer to as a "sinus eye-graine" (that delightful headache you get right behind your eyeball), I find that there's only one cure (especially when I'm at school):
Needless to say, it's a good thing that our vending machine now takes credit and debit cards.
4) This month at school, we are promoting Autism awareness, so we all wore blue today. We also have been given ribbons like the one below that we are wearing each day this month.
5) Tomorrow, my dad and I are finally going to go see Divergent. I've read the entire series, and I remember Insurgent was a bit difficult to get through (not unlike Mockingjay from the Hunger Games series). Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. The guy who plays Four (Theo James) is ADORABLE!!! I know I'll enjoy watching the movie for that reason alone, if nothing else.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at the Five for Friday linky. Head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to link up and join the fun.
Until next time,