Thursday, July 30, 2015

Building Mathematical Comprehension Chapters 5 and 6 and New Technology Tools

Hey everyone!

Here are my recaps/important tidbits from Building Mathematical Comprehension by Laney Sammons.  I've also incorporated the use of some technology pieces to change things up a bit.

Chapter 5: The Importance of Visualizing Mathematical Ideas (using Popplet)

First of all, I learned something new about Popplet today.  It really doesn't work using Safari.  You are much better off using Google Chrome.  :-)  As you can see, you can make a graphic organizer with text and pictures.  I've used this to teach various reading strategies in class before.  Have you used Popplet?  What's one way you might use it in your class this year?



Chapter 6: Making Inferences and Predictions (using Haiku Deck):

I've heard of Haiku Deck before, but never really tried it out.  I know that their thing is using small amounts of text to create presentations (hence, the haiku :-) ).  After trying it out, I must say, it's incredibly easy to use, and I really like it.



Building Mathematical Comprehension Chapter 6: Making Inferences and Predictions - Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires

I'll be back soon with some more GoNoodle (I know, I promised this awhile ago), Building Mathematical Comprehension, back to school stuff, and maybe even more.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...