Friday, July 17, 2015

GoNoodle and Koo Koo Kanga Roo!

I have been using GoNoodle for several years now, as have many other bloggers out there.  I love it SO MUCH!!!  It seems to get better and better all the time.  Anyway, I thought that it was finally time that I shared that love on my blog.  Look over to the right and you will find my new "I'm a Blogger Who Brain Breaks!" icon. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

I've also included it here since it is just adorable:

GoNoodle Inspiration Blog

For those of you that aren't familiar, GoNoodle is a FREE brain breaks site.  (Yes, 100% free!)  They have a variety of brain breaks for any occasion you might encounter in the classroom.  They inject energy, harness focus, and promote positive attitudes/feelings.  When I first started with GoNoodle, this was pretty much where I was in my knowledge and experience with it:


This picture also gives you a good view of the site.  Once you login and select your class (you can set up multiple), here is what you'll see.  Your champ (the cute guy in the middle, chosen by you/your class) always has something to say.  If you click on his speech bubble you can toggle back and forth between what he has to say as well as a meter showing exercise minutes and progress toward the next level.  

You can get to the brain breaks by clicking on the large green PLAY button on the right or navigating along the top.  Explore is a new feature, explained here on the GoNoodle blog, that as they say, "highlights new and relevant GoNoodle activities."  Next up is the Channels button which organizes content by its' creator (ex. my favorite Channel is the Koo Koo Kanga Roo channel-more on this in a second).  

You can use the Categories button to explore brain breaks by type/mood/feeling.  For example, the Koo Koo Kanga Roo brain breaks are mostly classified as Guided Dancing.  You can save your favorites and easily navigate to them here, find brain breaks for stretching, deep breathing, free movement, and more.  There is also a search feature to help you quickly navigate to specific brain breaks.  GoNoodle has really expanded what they offer in the past few years, and I don't think that one post could possibly do it justice.  I'm going to stop here and focus on one of my favorite parts of GoNoodle in the rest of this post.  

Okay, back to Koo Koo Kanga Roo.  Koo Koo Kanga Roo is a group of 2 guys, Bryan and Neil.  They make silly dance videos that are huge crowd pleasers for the young and the young at heart.  Here's a selection of their GoNoodle channel, featuring a few of their videos.  Pop See Ko and Roller Coaster are two of our favorites.  My class also sings Birthday Hooray for student birthdays.     


Anyway, I hope I've convinced you how wonderful Koo Koo Kanga Roo is.  I think the only way I could love them more is if they came to my classroom for awhile.  Anybody know them and can put in a good word for me?  ;-)  (P.S. I'd be equally excited to receive a visit from GoNoodle like this:)

  

In my next few posts, I want to talk about Camp GoNoodle, the My Questions feature, and the YouTube channel on GoNoodle.  Have I convinced you that you need to sign up?  Remember, it's free.  For new sign ups, please use any of my GoNoodle links included throughout this post.  If I get 5 people to sign up and try it out, I earn some GoNoodle swag (and you can, too!).  So, what are you waiting for?  Go sign up right now!  I have to go Pop See Ko.  :-)  

Until next time,   
  
  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...